Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hey Vedu

Yes! We've named you VEDA! I still remember the first time I got a glimpse of you in the operation theatre! The doctor told "you have a beautiful girl!". And I was all tears at least that's wat I felt... I had this green transparent cloth over my face which they moved so I could see you! But even before I had turned and looked at you while they were cleaning you... I kept asking for your agar score - sillyme! They said a full 10!

Oh my, can't believe it is more than an year now... I still remember asking the doctor why doesn't my baby cry much? Or fighting with my ICU nurse to bring you for your first feed... Yes, your dad had me put in some special ICU and was pampered well! You were so reluctant to feed! I kept telling you it is healthy for u baby plz drink - in CBE the nurses might have given me the funniest looks! I don't know as I was busy forcing you to latch! Once we moved to our normal room, then found out you had birth time jaundice and had you taken away again for 3 days! I kept visiting you in the ICU for feeds! You were so adorable in the ICU and would hold you for the little time I got! Dad kept running around between NICU and my room and canteen :) poor guy! He later fell ill of some undiagnized illness! No clue until date wat tat was! Will tell you that story later!

You looked at me with your tiny eyes and I fell in love with you immediately! All my priorities changed, my life changed and so did I! I love you my baby girl! I love you a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment